Making Captain America and Mandalorian amigurumis for my nephews for Christmas

magicmau5

Here are the purchase links:

The Mandalorian

Captain America

I also want to eventually make the Baby Yoda from the free pattern at Ravelry. You can also get the Mandalorian as a free pattern on her website here but I didn't want to mess up the order of the screenshots when I was making the printed pattern so I just bought the pdf and consider it a donation for all the time and effort Ollie put into making the complex Mandalorian outfit. Wish me luck, I'm off to buy the yarn now...

On 11/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Enjoy your projects  I'm sure your nephews will appreciate your efforts..:crocheting

Thanks! I'm excited to make them. I just got the yarn and eyes for them. Although the Mandalorian doesn't require eyes. I have to admit, KnitPicks Shine Sport Yarn is expensive for how little yarn you get. But it seems high quality.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, magicmau5 said:

Thanks! I'm excited to make them. I just got the yarn and eyes for them. Although the Mandalorian doesn't require eyes. I have to admit, KnitPicks Shine Sport Yarn is expensive for how little yarn you get. But it seems high quality.

And, slippery. I made a vest with it. Has held up to wash and dry nicely. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 2:30 PM, magicmau5 said:

KnitPicks Shine Sport Yarn ?. I never seen that yarn. Where do you buy that yarn?

I always use the cheapest yarn for my Amigurumi. That is: RHSS yarn.  It is very strong, washes very well and comes in many different colors to choose from. That is probably what I like the most when it comes to RHSS yarn so many different colors....:).

Thanks

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

I had finished Captain America before Christmas but forgot to take a picture before I boxed it up to send to my nephew. Here is the finished photos with my nephew.

662352584.jpg

662352593.jpg

• Like 1