Dish rags

Hisbabygirl56

Question

7 answers to this question

I'm not familiar with 'big twist', I just looked it up, it looks like it should work fine, it's the same weight category as Sugar 'n Cream (and looks a bit less rough, so might be good for a clothing item too) and is apparently on sale right now (50¢ off).  I'll have to check that out, I haven't been to Joann's for a while.

I've not tried their cotton, but I have had luck with Joann's Big Twist brand in other categories.  I'd say it is worth a try.  I've been impressed with the price/quality ratio of their yarn.  I'd be interested to see what you think of the cotton.

Looks like Big Twist cotton is 85% cotton 25% polyester.  Premier Home cotton is also 85% cotton 25% polyester.   I have at least two books of dishcloth patterns that Premier home cotton was the yarn listed to use in the patterns.

I've used Premier for dishcloths and had no issue.  I prefer 100% cotton for pot holder or hot pads but for dishcloths I've never had an issue with Premier.  I'd give Big Twist a try for dish cloths.  I'd just keep it separate from my pot holder supply, although these days I'm making most of those with sport cotton.

I have some plain old acrylic 'hot pads' that I use for trivets on the table, to put a hot casserole dish on - they look sort of 'smashed flat', but no melting into a puddle of goo sort of thing.  And that's 100% acrylic.  I don't use them to take something out of the oven, I imagine hitting the metal oven wall or rack would be a different result.  Something only 15% nylon or acrylic should fare better....