Hello,

It's really nice to meet everyone who shares my passion for crochet!  I have been crocheting since I was 9 years old.  For the past several years I have considered myself a "binge crocheter."  As a single mom and middle school teacher, crochet time has been a luxury.  It wasn't until I had been crocheting for 34 years off-and-on that the global pandemic led me to branch out creatively to try new and different crochet stitches, styles, and project types and I realized how much I really enjoy growing my skills, stitch-types, and diversifying the types of projects I tackle.

I have always crocheted projects to give away, in the past, but recently have been commissioned by others who have received my work as gifts to create projects that they could then gift.  I have considered taking my crochet more seriously and have discovered that fiber art is an international social media topic and crochet is my specialty therein.  I guess if Dr. Seuss got to sum up my passion, he would say, "She turns strings, into things!"  I am trying to get myself from a place where I "binge crochet" and dive in deeply, only to have to set things aside, to a place where crochet can fill a bigger part of my life on a regular basis.  That may mean making samples, selling products, designing and writing patterns, starting a blog... I have not decided, yet, but I am looking for my next step.

I enjoy seeing the wonderful creations on reddit and ravelry already, so I thought this would be a wonderful place to enjoy supporting others' creations and sharing my own.

Hook in Hand = Gratitude in my Heart.

Nice to meet you!

Jessica Barwa

Edited by i_may_binge_crochet
I decided to sign my name.