Moira Rose

Lkarren

Question

Good evening, day everyone,

So I'm new to crocheting and knitting, but I'm very adventuresome. I just recently binge watched Schitt$ Creek and fell in love with the attached vest worn in The Trouple, Season 3 Episode 2.  Now I think the pattern would be relatively simple, I just can't find one, and my real question is what kind of yarn would that very long frindge be made with?  I've just been using acrylic worsted yarn, but I would think that would tangle like crazy.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

IMG_1616.PNG

7 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

I’ve been browsing patterns and vaguely remember a long style lacy duster. Annie’s website   Maybe a search using “crochet vest with fringe”   Probably a blended yarn with nylon. 

Thanks!!!

I'm going to assume the vest is store bought. I've not seen any patterns like this anywhere. However, you could use this pattern, make the last row at your waist, make the closure at your waist also, then add the fringe.

The yarn looks to be possibly Rayon or maybe Silk or Silk/Cotton blend. They can be pricey and slippery to work with, you need to make sure every single stitch is pulled through completely.