Vanna's Choice color subsitutes

grannyburd

Hi all, I am new here. I started a temperature afghan this year. Since the temp obviously changes every day, there was no way to know what I would need, so I could buy all the yarn ahead of time. I chose to use Vanna's Choice, figuring it would be reliable and available. I was wrong!! I can't find what I need anywhere. All onliine sources have very limited colors. I am barely past half the year. Is there some chart somewhere that compares colors so I could choose substitutes that at least come close? Thanks so much for any help you can give me, I am at a standstill.

Edited by grannyburd
I left out a few words

I've used yarn sub to look for some cotton yarns that have been hard to locate and had some luck with substitutions.  My experience is some of their choices are better/closer than others.  You have to research the suggested yarns to see how close they are to what you need.  I have found some solutions to yarns I haven't been able to find online.     

On 10/4/2020 at 1:42 PM, grannyburd said:

Hi all, I am new here. I started a temperature afghan this year. Since the temp obviously changes every day, there was no way to know what I would need, so I could buy all the yarn ahead of time. I chose to use Vanna's Choice, figuring it would be reliable and available. I was wrong!! I can't find what I need anywhere. All onliine sources have very limited colors. I am barely past half the year. Is there some chart somewhere that compares colors so I could choose substitutes that at least come close? Thanks so much for any help you can give me, I am at a standstill.

Have you considered ordering direct from Lion Brand? Also, it seems they have cut back on colors even before the CV-19 struck.