Any book suggestions?

ladysnow

Question

I have done a lot of crocheting in the past 9 months. But I want to learn other things. I have made a "chevron" type afghan, 3 lapghans, a 6 1/2 ft ripple type afghan, potholders, dischloths, tote bags, and children's purses....well as i said I want to learn other things. Is there a book out there that you would highly suggest that is very information and worth the money? Also when I see a "diagram" for a pattern...I don't understand it. :think Is there a book or instructions that would make reading a diagram easier? Thanks in advance for your help.:D

6 answers to this question

There's a book called "Hip to crochet" which is fairly new and I was lucky enough to find it at our local library. There are several different projects in there with really good instructions. I do believe several projects had the diagrams and told you how to read them. Check your local library and maybe you can check it out to see if you'd want to buy it.

I just picked up the Fall Edition of Crochet Fantasy and a bunch of the patterns in there have diagrams and instructions on how to read them.

GOOD LUCK! :clap

By diagram, do you mean symbol crochet? I found that by reading a bunch of different beginner crochet books and comparing their descriptions of the same things, it helped me to understand things. There's a new book out that I haven't read yet called "The Crochet Answer Book." That might be helpful.

Archived