Crochet doilies patterns

catwoman

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm a threadie, too.  I don't think there were many doily patterns on this site to begin with, and with recent forum software changes over the last couple of years all of the older links were destroyed, which is a shame.  

http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/html/warm/crochet.htm is a good site to browse, they have a lot of out-of-copyright patterns, some a few hundred years old (not all crochet, the link is to the crochet page).  It's listed by author or publisher for the most part, if you want something specific you can search on 'doily' or 'filet' or whatever.  You have to browse though the books to find things--you will need a pdf reader.  Be prepared to waste an afternoon, a lot of the doilies (especially filet) is pretty awesome. ;)

Freepatterns.com and free-crochet.com are sites you have to sign up for; the first one doesn't send advertising but the second one does, which is a little annoying.  There is a lot of overlap but I think the crochet one has a bit more crochet, including a doily section.  These are DRG publications patterns (Annie's Attic), there is a related site e-patternscentral.com which has for-purchase patterns; sometimes patterns move from the paid site to the free site or vice versa.

Even though it is harder for me now-a-days, doilies are still my favorite projects and have been since I was a young girl just learning (long time ago :lol).

Cille's Doilies has many links directly to the original patterns' websites so there shouldn't be a copyright problem. A few links are broken, probably due to age, but, there are still many free patterns. Plus it's eye-candy to see all the doilies Cille has made.

And if you have not trolled Ravelry yet, they have many patterns. Don't forget to check out Red Heart Yarn's patterns too.

Lacycrochet has several easy patterns that are lovely.

Archived