Bordem

Melissa Kroll

Question

7 answers to this question

I set myself a deadline to have the project done by and keep that deadline in mind. I'm one that doesn't like being behind, so if I know I want to have something done by a certain date, I do it. 

I set myself a deadline to have the project done by and keep that deadline in mind. I'm one that doesn't like being behind, so if I know I want to have something done by a certain date, I do it. 

For me, setting a deadline to finish something puts pressure on me & I feel that it takes the enjoyment out of making the item. But IDK, it just might be me! I have to also keep reminding myself that it is not a race & that it's a hobby.

I sometimes will set it aside for a day or two.  Work on something else, like a small project or something that has nothing to do with crochet.  Sometimes you just have to step back.

I always keep a small project close at hand, or a book.

I sometimes will set it aside for a day or two.  Work on something else, like a small project or something that has nothing to do with crochet.  Sometimes you just have to step back.

I always keep a small project close at hand, or a book.

Believe it or not, I have been listening to Audio books & as of 2 nights ago, I like to read a book that I checked out at the Public Library in bed every night so far!

I too get bored with a project sometimes. Especially if it's the same few stitches over and over. I pretty much do like the gals stated in the first posts.

While working on another afghan, for distraction, a small Christmas project I'm making is a set of 4 hats for my grt-nieces' family. Plus, I've been involved in painting several Halloween projects. I'm on the last one now.

Other Christmas projects will get me involved soon too. I don't have audio books, but, I do read a few times during the day or do a little housework. :reyes  I have 2 doilies in the works, but, they'll only get a bit at a time done on them.

I suppose, what we are all saying is, we need to add little distractions here and there whether they be crochet or any of the other crafts we enjoy.

I've been watching NCIS on Netflix lately. I downloaded the app on my phone so have that playing while working. Other times I'll grab my headphones and listen to audio books or music. 

Archived