Thank You, Crochetville!

Lexi1179

Question

Hello again, everyone,

I showed up here not too long ago when I was just starting out in crochet, having been an avid knitter for many years, and you all were so marvellously kind and helpful! I was busy making my very first entirely-crocheted piece, "Tatum's Jacket," a baby cardigan.

I've since done quite a few more projects and started designing my own a couple of months in. Since you all helped me to get here, I wanted to say thank you!

I'll see if I can manage to attach some photos of a few of my own creations.

Thank you all so much!

Lexi

14 answers to this question

Here are a few photos: A boho bag, a bowl for keys etc., a coin purse, a cat bed, and a felted stuffed rhino ☺️

All of these are my own designs, and I had such a blast making them. I almost always work with 100% woollen (non-superwash) yarns, so that I have the option of felting if I want it. For these pieces, some of the yarns I used were Katia Love Wool (merino/alpaca), Rowan Creative Focus Worsted (merino/alpaca), and (one of the non-felting ones) Noro Silk Garden.

I hope you like these!

post-77450-0-54872600-1473403761_thumb.jpeg

post-77450-0-33744700-1473403773_thumb.jpeg

post-77450-0-19628500-1473403786_thumb.jpeg

post-77450-0-29332800-1473403801_thumb.jpeg

post-77450-0-05307900-1473403813_thumb.jpeg

post-77450-0-75281200-1473403825_thumb.jpeg

Thank you, Crochetfan, Beckyb and Avon Lady!

I do so appreciate your compliments, and I'm thrilled to have you all assess my work so kindly. As an artist, learning to work in a new medium is such a thrill, and crochet is definitely turning out to be a favourite of mine. I'm working on a painting that incorporates a 3D crochet element at the moment - when it's done I'll post a photo.

In the meantime, thank you all again for all your help and encouragement.

The rhino especially feels like a wonderful achievement to me. I scoured the internet for a pattern that included proper, anatomically sculpted detail and came up empty for weeks, and then I just decided to try to make it up on my own. It'a lovely that it turned out so well and you all like it so much!

Your work is beautiful! I love your cat! I miss my calico, although she's been gone about 12 years now and I currently have six other cats demanding my attention. Cats and crochet are a wonderful combination!

Thank you, Amy! I agree: cats amd crochet go wonderfully together. It's so lovely to be able to make them things!

Also great fun: things for our horses ☺️ Slow-feeder haynets, bareback pads, fly masks... There's never enough time to make everything one wants to, is there!

Archived