Aw Ma.. it doesn't match my purse!

Kathleen

My poor pathetic dog in this picture. Maybe she was mad I put a sweater on her in the middle of a heatwave, but I had to see if it fit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Bagpipes/IMG_0155.jpg

This is just a pattern I made up while watching T.V. She needed winter clothes too.

I have a Jack Russel Terrier also. Mine looks alot like yours almost your dogs twin. My dogs name is Cody.:clap Oh, by the way the sweater is adorable.

fantastic! i think it looks great. will you give some tips on what you did? my great dane needs a sweater for the winter. nothing is big enough in all the booklets and 'net patterns :(

our new pup will need something too.... she's 1/2 mini weenie and (now we're certain) 1/2 chihuahua - tiny little booger

almost 3 months old and doesn't even weigh a pound yet!

Thanks for the compliments!

To make the sweater, I just measured her and did a back stitch only double crochet (a DC ribbing if you will), of approximately 10 rows. This is the belly piece. This piece should be as long as your dog is long, and as wide as it is between her front legs.

For the back piece, I did the same length, and more rows to fit around to her legs. sew the two pieces together, leaving holes for the legs to fit into. ________ hole ___. then do a short ribbing around the holes and around the neckline, using a single crochet back stitch only. Super easy. If I make another one, I'll write down exactly what I did and share the pattern written like a real pattern. :) GL.

Archived