ReniC

Clothespin Bobbins

Lucy from Attic24 has a nice tute on how to make yarn bobbins with clothespins. She calls them yarn pegs.

Edited by ReniC

What a great idea!  I'm going to try to pin it (not so good at pinterest), in my account.  Thanks Reni!

Jimbo

You're welcome Jimbo. If you have problems pinning it, you can pin it from my board titled "Crochet- Around the World".

Since you are such a great wood craftsman, are you seeing visions of making something like this? :D 

Edited by ReniC

... are you seeing visions of making something like this? :D 

As Yoda would say, "my mind you read".  I'm having visions of combining a clothespin (but of the old style without the metal spring) and a Nostepenne.  In otherwords the pin would be tapered a bit and the yarn collected would form a center pull ball.  Hmmmmm 

• Like 1

That is so cool and a great idea for when you have a lot of colors.

As Yoda would say, "my mind you read".  I'm having visions of combining a clothespin (but of the old style without the metal spring) and a Nostepenne.  In otherwords the pin would be tapered a bit and the yarn collected would form a center pull ball.  Hmmmmm 

Oh YES Jimbo!  I would LOVE something like that!  If you need a "tester", I'm your gal! 

Odd- Now I see them in several UK blogs and websites. Wonder why I never noticed before or on local sites.