Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Good Morning!

No crocheting this week. I took my boys to college yesterday....Both of them! Yikes!

Tomorrow my friend who has been here since Sunday and my sons friend who has been staying with us since March both go to the Airport.

Hoping to get some cleaning and crocheting done next week but i may be working everyday. We'll see.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done c2c place mats, but I am nervous in doing an afghan.  I am going to try though.  I love her graphs and have downloaded all of them for future.​You are GOOD! I;m sure you can make a c2c ghan. Try a baby one first.

The tote is almost done.  I am finishing the pocket and then I will put it together. YAY!

When that is done it is back to the shawl/scarf.  I only have a couple of more patterns to do on it. I forgot if you said it was an "easy" knit or not.

I heard from my SIL.  She said the women at the American Legion loved the stuff I sent up for the Silent Auction.  They especially loved the bottle cap hot pad I sent.  It fascinated them.  It was done in the shape of grapes.What great feedback!

Well off to see what trouble I can get into.Did you get into any?? :lol 

Have a fun day.

We spent the day visiting friends up in NY state - the day flew by! She and I shopped and the guys reminisced...lol! Both were NYC cops in the same precinct early in their careers,

Hi peeps.

Good Morning!

No crocheting this week. I took my boys to college yesterday....Both of them! Yikes!We have the one son - who is 41 now. When we left him at college (in the same state as we live, Rutgers U) I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere at home...while DH worried about what he was going to get into and if he would study at all. I won't get into that, other than to say Summer school was needed for the first 2 summers because we reused to pay for a fifth year!

Tomorrow my friend who has been here since Sunday and my sons friend who has been staying with us since March both go to the Airport.

Hoping to get some cleaning and crocheting done next week but i may be working everyday. We'll see.

I hope you find time for yourself!

Progress photo. I have about 15 rows or so before I start the border. I want to add more of the background beige color at the top than the graph shows.

post-8552-0-90170200-1471733440.jpg

That is really looking great Judy.  Can't wait to see it all done.

Tomorrow I put the tote together and then it will be put away for a few days.

The pattern for the shawl/scarf is pretty easy, once you figure out the pattern.  It is a repetition of 22 rows with a cable in the middle.  For anyone who can , knit, purl and do cable, it is pretty easy.

Nope did not get into any trouble.  I try, but just miss out.

Well I am turning off the computer and getting out the pills and going to bed.  Watching some football in the mean time.

Have  a good night everyone.

Thanks Mary Jo!

And I'm lucky I can knit and purl without it looking wonky - cables aren't even on the horizon yet. Looking forward to seeing your shawl!

Good Morning.  I will be spending the morning sewing (UGH!) the tote together, looking for a pot holder or dish cloth to go with it.

Then it is on to finish the last of the shawl/scarf and then back to my to do list.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning peeps!

Came home from dropping off at the airport. I guess my husband is afraid i will be bored with the house empty because when i got home there was Big Bang Theory Lego set waiting for me :)

Oh, what a hoot!!!   I used to be addicted to jigsaw puzzles! 

Have fun!

Will be working on adding some rows of the beige at the top of Mr. Eagle's head so his white head doesn't hit too close to the border.

No more chart! :yay  :yay  :yay  :yay

That is so cool.  I did not even know they made it for the Big Bang.  I love that show.

Hey there is lots to do when the house is empty.

Getting ready to say good night.  Time to get the pills and everything out and watch a little TV. 

Then as Mom us to say to us as kids when it was time for bed.  It is time to go up the wooden hill (stairs to the second floor).

Turns out the legos are not from my husband. We dont know who they are from! They just showed up with no card.

My sister says she didnt send them and so far no one on my husbands facebook page is claiming responsibility.....

The mystery continues!

:scrachin Maybe it was who you took to the airport yesterday?  You did say they were worried about you with an empty house.

Good Morning everyone.  The tote is done and resting till next week and now I can move on to my other projects.

Beautiful day and looks like it will be like this the rest of the week.  Bright, clear and no rain.

Have a fun day.

60 degrees this morning and no humidity :clap  :cheer  :yay

A few days respite till summer comes back - I'll take anything!

Working on Mr.Eagle's border :D

in the 90's with feels like of 105 thanks to humidity.  Will this ever end????????

The tote is waiting for it's close up and next week we shall post it.

So glad to hear the mystery was solved.

I am back to the shawl/scarf and I am sure you all will be glad like myself when it is done.

Can't wait to see Mr. Eagle.

Have a fun day today.

Progress photo. I have about 15 rows or so before I start the border. I want to add more of the background beige color at the top than the graph shows.

wow, looks great. Wish I was as quick as all of you!!!

Daphne - we're retired....life has more space to fill.... :lol

:) I would probably just sleep more! LOL. Still wouldn't get as much done as I would want.

:yay  :cheer  :clap  :woo  :yes

The shawl/scarf is DONE.  Once I fix the first row, I will be posting a picture.

Now I can put the knitting needles away and get out my hooks.

Have a fun day everyone.

Mary Jo - that's great! Today is finishing day for both of us: I'm on the last (long) round of the sc border on Mr. Eagle!!

Picture to follow later today.

Archived