ripple tea cosy.

nana

Question

this is a dumb ? but iam having trouble sewing tog the pieces tog. you would think I wont have a problem, I can follow a pattern. but this one is giving problems.i hope someone can help me. I will post the page. thank you soooo much

post-11075-0-46224900-1444050605.jpg

5 answers to this question

I believe this is the pattern

http://justjen-knitsandstitches.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/justjens-easy-ripple-tea-cosy.html

You have 2 reversible ripple rectangles, which you will sew partly together at the straight sides - make a little seam at the bottom, leave a gap for the spout and the handle to poke out, and make a little seam to close up the top.   

Normally when you make a seam, you put the right sides of the piece together and make the seam from the wrong side so the 'nice' side is on the right side.

In this case, the bottom inside ripple tips are folded to the outside.  So the bad side of the bottom part of the seam (under the handle and spout) will be made on the outside of the cozy, because the inside edge (and nice looking side of the seam) will be folded to the outside to cover up the ugly outside bottom seam.  The folded up part is secured with the pretty buttons.

The top seam is made with the ugly seam to the inside.  For the top, you are not only sewing the straight edge of the rectangle together, but the slanted edges of the ripple to close it up at the top.

Archived