Article Link: Afghans On TV

ReniC

I'm seeing more and more afghans in sitcoms and movies than ever before. Here's an interesting article about "how" some of the afghans appeared on older TV programs. The author evidently does not like Granny Afghans very much, but, since I have made so very many afghans and hope to make many more in my old age, I find them quite endearing and iconic.

Article Link

I have noticed that also, the most recent in the Big Bang Theory, one of the few shows I watch. I like to think it is a link to the past and very nostalgic and definitely endearing.

Thank you for posting the link. I enjoyed reading about it.

Roe

cool article even if they didn't like them. lol I used to not like grannies... when I first started crocheting, it was all I could make. Now that I've made most everything you could think of... I am drawn back to grannies. Maybe it is my grandma in me. lol

Glad you both liked  the article as did I.

re Grannies: Had to snicker at that comment Stephanie. I have always liked Granny afghans and such, but, clothing made from Granny squares were always a joke to me..... especially on the fashion runways. They make/made some doozies for them now and back in the day.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived