Need edging suggestions for Larksfoot blanket

ampd11

Question

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville :hook

Larksfoot would just need a simple frame I think, so i would do a round or 2 of single crochet, or maybe one round of double.  or a round of sc then a round of reverse sc (crab stitch) maybe would look good.  

I should say that often I find that a blanket in a pretty pattern doesn't really need a border at all, so that would actually be my first choice probably.  If I felt it looked good w/o a border, i wouldn't feel I had to add one, in other words.  

I tend to edge all my afghans (unless they have a specific edging on a pattern) since I think it finishes it off nicely and gives it a more professional look. However, if the pattern stitch is a bit more involved, you don't want the edging to compete with it so I would agree and do either a couple of rounds sc or reverse sc. 

Roe

Agree with all of the above--simple is the way to go with this pattern.  I'm a fan of the reverse sc (crab stitch) because it really looks smart, but I know it is a little fiddly.  Even though I use frequently, my brain sort of protests for the first couple of stitches ;)

If you really want something more elaborate, I wouldn't do anything more than a SIMPLE picot edging - that would coordinate with the larkspur stitch since that's sort of 'pointy looking'.

I found this first on Pinterest. It led me to Flickr:

Her final comment said,  

"the edge is made of: 1 row of single crochet, 1 row of half double crochet, 1 last row of reversed single crochet."

Another lovely one on Ravelry and I really like the way this border frames the afghan. She describes her border pattern in her notes.

Archived