How big exactly *is* a baby foot???????

mrs who

Question

I'm making the Baby It's Cold Outside jacket in the 6 month size and I want to do some matching booties and a hat. Trouble is, I have NO idea how big a 6 month baby foot is and how big I should make the bootie!!!

Can anyone help???

PS - how about a 6 month old baby head? How big should I make the bonnet???

Thank you, thank you, thank you if you can shed any light on this mystery. :2magic

9 answers to this question

Ok, from my experience the head of a 6 month old is about the same size as the head of a newborn. My MAtt wore the same hats for the first year of his life. Anna is 2 months old and I will measure her later but there is nooo way I am wakeing that child up!! (colic *gasp*):morcoffee Also, I just happen to have a size 1 baby shoe and a size 0 baby shoe, those I will measure, Ok, I just lied to ya cause I cant find a tape measure, HMMMM, lets see hereHow about this( I feel like an idiot) Are you a smoker? (I am trying to find something universal to do this with) The size 0 is 1 cig +half a filter long, so if you cut a filter in half and taped it to anouther cig there ya go. The size 1 is 1 cig + 1 whole filter. The diference in the 2 is just tje length of half a cigarette filter and if I remember correctly Matt was wearing a size1 when he wa sabout 6 monthes old. Ok, I have stared at the monitor long enugh, I am not going to erase this, it may actually help even though I am risking that everyone who reads this will think im off my rocker! Man I need more:sleep

I never thought to measure something with a cigarette. I just happen to have a three month old and a tape measure. Her foot is about 4" from heel to toe and going from the heel around the toes and back to the heel, it's about 9.5". She got a little squirmy, though.

also the feet of babies are usualy able to be fitted using the following formula:

length times 0.667 = width

width times 0.75 = height at the highest point (miltiply height by 0.20 for height at toe)

length times 1.30 = ankle girth

hope this helps

Not sure if this will help or not:

My 5 month old (2 months corrected)s head size is 42 cm and that is 50% percentile for his actual age of 5 months, so for 6 months Id give or take a few cms

My 14 month olds head was 44cm and that is below the chart for his age, but barely

Of course not-to-scale feet:

http://babysites.com/site2/kaia/myphotos/2photo16.jpg

Ok, from my experience the head of a 6 month old is about the same size as the head of a newborn.

Big newborns? Or small six month olds? Should be about a 10 cm differnce between a newborn and 6 month old

Archived