Horse/Pony Amigurumi

KindredSpirit937

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I'm very new to crocheting but thoroughly obsessed with it now. After finals week of college I had to stay and work on campus for part of winter break, and lacking a present for my mom, I decided to teach myself to crochet and make her a beanie. It took a few days of practice, but I got the pattern down and made a hat for her and myself. During that time I also hunted down patterns on Ravelry and discovered amigurumi's. 

I purchased a horse pattern and got to work. This was my second ever crochet project, and the first was for my roommate of her favorite horse at college, Portia. 

post-73740-0-41557200-1420314857_thumb.jpgpost-73740-0-95945600-1420314862_thumb.jpgpost-73740-0-06184200-1420314868_thumb.jpg

My second attempt was for my favorite horse at college, Apollo. 

post-73740-0-22091600-1420314923_thumb.jpgpost-73740-0-33215400-1420314929_thumb.jpgpost-73740-0-21625700-1420314936_thumb.jpg

I've already started another for my cousin of her horse. The pattern allows me the right to sell my completed works, and I'd really like to sell these as completely custom, letting the buyer provide me a photo/description of their horse, or just what colors/markings they would like.

I'd love any input on my crocheting and any pricing advice. I don't have any idea on what to charge for something like this! They measure roughly 5" by 3.5". I know I'm  beginner, having only been crocheting for 2.5 weeks, but I'm really happy with how these turned out, especially the grey horse. 

Thank you in advance for any advice that's given! I really appreciate it. :)

Hi and Welcome to Crochetville. 

Could you tell me what pattern you are using.

You ami is cute, but it looks like it was either to long at the troth or it is a pigmy horse. 

I do love the end result though.

Here are some that are unicorns and such, which it looks like you could change them around to what you are trying to make them look like.

http://greatamigurumi.blogspot.com/search/label/Horse

Here is another group you might like some of these.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/horses_ponies.php

Ok, then you made it right..  I do really love it, it put a smile on my face when I saw it.  I hope you realize I was not makeing fun.

Sorry I can't tell you how to price it, but I am sure someone will be able to help you.  Good luck and thank you for the smile.

The horses are very cute and done extremely well for being only your second project. I'm not sure what you can charge to sell but they definitely make cute gifts. Great job!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to crochetville!! :)

How adorable are those?? You definately have the crochet bug and I assure you there is no cure.

You could probably sell those for around ten dollars each.

I am wondering what kind of college you go to? Is it an equestrian college?

I grew up riding and showing hunt seat but later my passion turned to gaited horses, specifically paso finos.

Archived