Blanket and Girly Hat for friend's baby

Wacky

One of my son's friends had a beautiful baby girl, and of course now that I'm learning to crochet, I had to throw in and try to make a blanket and had for her. 

I started with a ten-stitch blanket, and eventually switched to working in the round to finish it off when I found my yellows didn't quite match up. I switched from pink to yellow more or less at random. And I added ruffles around the edge since I wanted it to be something snuggly and cute for her. This was pretty much all SC, so it took me quite a while to finish (I'm still pretty slow sometimes). My friend's cat Abby is attempting to help model by including her tail. 

post-73336-0-64867900-1418262645_thumb.jpg

Then I found out she wanted a REALLY girly hat, but her baby doesn't like hats much, so I made a sort of hat/scarf combo that will sit loosely on her head and maybe not feel confining, while keeping her warm. I used more of the pink, and then added some crocheted flowers for embellishment. I didn't really have a pattern that I followed, I just kind of improvised from various free patterns I have already read.

post-73336-0-31782200-1418262657_thumb.jpg

I'm still learning a lot, but I'm having a blast, and really enjoying making things that I can gift with love.

Archived