Red Heart Starbella

I've seen so many cute skirts made with Redheart Sashay, Premier Starbella, Yarn Bee Chrysalis, and other ruffle yarns.  I've even seen a couple baby blankets edged with it.  Great ideas on paper, not so great in practice in my opinion due to the washing factor.

I wish I had some ideas for you.  A quick internet search shows no help either.

If you have any left over, maybe you could play around with pieces and see what works.  Try starching as suggested.

Good luck!

Isn't Starbella yarn produced by Premier Yarns? Regardless, you might consider contacting the yarn company for suggestions. Maybe they have a little secret tip that would help.

well son of a gun.  :(  I have some of that to make a baby ruffle dress but I never thought of the washing.  Guess that is why they push the scarf idea.  less likely to be washed frequently.

Isn't Starbella yarn produced by Premier Yarns?

That is why I listed several yarns and their makers.  LOL

but I never thought of the washing.

I try to always check washing instructions for yarns, especially if I'm going to give the item as a gift.  No one with kids wants to hand wash/dry flat baby clothes and blankets.  At least I don't.  ha ha

Sure hope this can be resolved for you. Please let us know if you find anything out as I've been using the Sashay also quite a bit too. Would love to see the skirt.

Yes, Reni, you are correct.  Starbella is made by Premier Yarns.  I mistakedly typed Starbella instead of Sashay.  In any case, Red Heart has been no help in solving this problem.

Archived