Table cloth in original native (Bauernstickerei) embroidery

Veronika Rohrhofer

Absolutely beautiful!
My mother was from Austria and she made many Bauernstickerei pieces for our house. I have one small table cover she made when I was a girl and my sister has a few pieces. I would watch her while working on these pieces and listen to her beautiful singing in Salzburger. 

If you know of any patterns available, I would be grateful to know where to purchase some.

Absolutely beautiful!

My mother was from Austria and she made many Bauernstickerei pieces for our house. I have one small table cover she made when I was a girl and my sister has a few pieces. I would watch her while working on these pieces and listen to her beautiful singing in Salzburger. 

If you know of any patterns available, I would be grateful to know where to purchase some.

I googled for some embroidery patterns. Please look up: www.basteln-at.buttinette.com - Section: Wolle & Handarbeiten

and go for Sticken.

Unfortunately, I did not find any pattern similar to the table clothes which I embroidered (I think it is too old fashioned).

Hi Veronika- Thank you for the link. They have some beautiful items, but you are right, nothing I saw was in the traditional Austrian style. I will try my hand at Googling. Maybe something will show up, or, I can try to draw some patterns out from my old Bauernmalerei patterns. Again, thank you for your response.

Archived