Beautiful pattern but need help please

Hazeleyedbeauty

Question

Beautiful afghan pattern but I'm stumped. I made it to row 43 and that's where the confusion begins. The rest if the pattern is a bit sketchy too. I'm not sure how to work the black and color together like the pattern assumes.. This pattern even stumped my mother who is a long time experienced crocheter. She agrees there is no way this is an easy pattern! I need help please

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/CTDec07-68.pdf

9 answers to this question

You would change colors on the first and last stitch.  I don't know of any links off the top of my head to post here to help you but maybe someone else here can?  Can you Mother maybe visually show you how to change the color since she is expierenced in crochet? 

There is a trick to following a color or filet chart like this.  Take a flexible ruler or piece of paper and cover up row 44 and above, so all you can see is the row you need to work on and the work you have already finished.  It is a lot less disorienting this way--the chart looks like your work.  This is also fairly uncomplicated as charts go, because it is symmetrical, so you can always read it in the same direction (right to left, if you are right handed, so follows the direction you are working).  Unsymmetrical charts are trickier.

If you have a way to blow up the chart a little, so much the better.

Archived