Question about gauge for a poncho

harrism

Question

9 answers to this question

omg...I didn't think that is would be that wide for 7 dc....I know that people say there are no stupid questions but now I do feel really stupid...

Thank you for your help....I just thought this was a different kind of gauge....

I don't think that was a stupid question  as it does seem wide for 7 dc to me too. Please say what pattern it is?

It is  in the Martha Stewart pooch poncho done in homespun it says there were mistakes in it but haven't checked that yet. I had the pooch one but do see it is in the adult one too.

7 dc + 4 rows = 4" [10 cm] in pattern.
8 rows = 4" [10 cm] in sc

I made a granny poncho for myself out of RHSS shortly before Martha modeled hers, and after the Martha pattern came out I took off the fringe and added 'her' scalloped edging.  Anyway, I just measured mine - 9 DCs (3 'granny blocks') = 4".  If HarrisM is making the Homespun version as Sarisue said, 7 DCs =4" makes sense.  That would be 2 blocks, plus 1 DC of the next block.

Is this the pattern? http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chsscallopEdgePoncho.html?noImages=

I wish they'd had the edging stitch diagram available when I made it, there were no notes/corrections in the pattern back then!

I made it years ago but I used WW and changed the numbers to be smaller so I don't know how it would be in homespun. In that case I didn't even have a gauge to go by just did what seemed to fit. It is a little big now I think I am shrinking but I still like it a lot. Thank goodness Granny Square has the right answer.

That would be about right on the gauge since it requires a "N" hook. Looking forward to seeing a pic of your little pooch with it on.

Free Crochet Pattern 80981AD Endearing Girl's Poncho Lion Brand Yarn Company

This is the pattern...it is for a little girl....is the yarn a thick yarn....because that would be the only way I can get that gauge...btw I did go with a different poncho...Poncho Sweater by Kathey Elrod....its on ravelry...I can't copy the link for some reason...

Archived