square or rectangular "Jacob's Ladder" afghan pattern?

Country Yarns

Question

I fell in love with the round Jacob's Ladder (aka chain loops) afghans on Ravelry this week.  The color combinations and the row/color combinations made each one unique.  I think this would be a good project for using up those odd skeins of yarn to make lap robes for the nursing home (one year I made 48!), but it seems that a square or rectangular one would be more practical.  However, I would prefer to start from the center instead of one end so the colors will kind of pop like a square firecracker display!  I can picture it in my head, but it would be so much easier just to follow a pattern.

Does anybody know where to find such a pattern?  I know about (and have) Leisure Arts 2335 Unique Baby Afghans, but I didn't find one in it that was just what I wanted.

Thanking you in advance, and even if you don't know where one is, thank you for reading my query!

5 answers to this question

Maybe you would be up to making the Jacob's Ladder circle pattern that you like then square the circle off with a few border rows.

Couldn't you just start your afghan with the design you want like your starting from the middle, and fasten off then go back to the starting chain and crochet the other direction with a mirror image of the other side.  Just an idea!

Archived