Camel Stitch Scarf

Zhaylin Black

I'm still working on it, but here's one of my current projects.  I love the Camel Stitch... but I seem to be unable to work straight rows of basic double crochet (I have no problems with rows of ripples :reyes ).  One end looks beautiful, the other is a jumbled mess (not shown).  I count my stitches but I guess I cheat because I make the stitches work whether there's a proper loop or not at the end of the row.

The scarf is 200 stitches long (about 5 feet) and it's going to be about 16 inches wide.  I'm thinking about using the blue to border the entire thing to hide my shoddy ends.

post-68080-0-71723000-1387407246_thumb.jpg

post-68080-0-45372000-1387407255_thumb.jpg

Thank you both :)

I think it's an amazing stitch lol.  It turns out very relaxed.  While crocheting, the working row looks a little wavy (or maybe it's just me because I'm a tight crocheter), but it smooths out when another row is added.

The colors are Pewter and Peacock.

Nice scarf.

If you are not happy with the edge around your scarf when you finish, you could single crochet around and that will even out the edges. Or:

is a very nice video on the Camel Stitch that might help you with the end row stitches.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived