Looking for triangular shawl pattern

acraftylady

Question

I lost a crochet book and for the life of me I can't even remember what the cover is. The person I can ask won't be back until next week from her vacation and I wanted to start this before then.

The scarf pattern on the cover of this book is like a sideways shell, similar to the project linus sideways shell baby blanket or I guess it could be called a box stitch too.

I have the scarf book by Margaret Hubert and there is a shawl pattern done with the sideways shell or box stitch that is a triangular shawl. I can't remember if the whole book is shawls or what but I thought it was in a book by the same author but I have googled and can find anything. I did find my afghan book by her too. I bet my book is sitting in some tote bag I have some where around here as I have gone through all my books and either I am not recognizing the cover to know it's in that book or I don't know but it's driving me crazy.

I am pretty sure it's not a leisure arts book and I am pretty sure it's a small book like the hooked on scarves which is a spiral bound book. I could be remembering this all wrong too. This is what happens when you have too many books with patterns.

So I am looking for a triangular shawl done in the sideways shell and I think the finished one in the book uses fancy yarn like the scarf in that other book but I can't even picture the finish from the book.  Mary

9 answers to this question

I did a triangular shawl in the box stitch for my girlfriend for her 50th birthday 6 years ago. I know I didn't get the pattern from a book. I got it free off the internet. I will see if I can locate the pattern. I do have some shawl patterns together so if I'm lucky it is there. Have you looked at ravelry or crochetpatterncentral or even here at the ville?

I went on ravelry and they have a pattern for a diagonal shawl following the "diagonal block stitch square". Look it up in the search at ravelry and you'll find it. I don't know if it is exactly the one your looking for, but it will be very close I think.

Is it this one, do you have this book:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/prayer-for-a-friend-2

I have that book but that's not exactly the pattern as I think this pattern is the sideways shell. not the box stich so described it wrong.  It's like the scarf on the photo of the book I posted which I think is the sideways shell and it's done in a triangle and I am sure its a small book.  It's just driving me nuts I lost a book and I can't remember anything about the book or what the finish of the project looked like in the book.  Well when my friend gets back and I found out will post back.  Thanks for the help.  Mary

I lost a crochet book and for the life of me I can't even remember what the cover is. The person I can ask won't be back until next week from her vacation and I wanted to start this before then.

The scarf pattern on the cover of this book is like a sideways shell, similar to the project linus sideways shell baby blanket or I guess it could be called a box stitch too.

I have the scarf book by Margaret Hubert and there is a shawl pattern done with the sideways shell or box stitch that is a triangular shawl. I can't remember if the whole book is shawls or what but I thought it was in a book by the same author but I have googled and can find anything. I did find my afghan book by her too. I bet my book is sitting in some tote bag I have some where around here as I have gone through all my books and either I am not recognizing the cover to know it's in that book or I don't know but it's driving me crazy.

I am pretty sure it's not a leisure arts book and I am pretty sure it's a small book like the hooked on scarves which is a spiral bound book. I could be remembering this all wrong too. This is what happens when you have too many books with patterns.

So I am looking for a triangular shawl done in the sideways shell and I think the finished one in the book uses fancy yarn like the scarf in that other book but I can't even picture the finish from the book. Mary

I have made that exact scarf you are talking about for a swap and I love the sideway shell stitch. If your friend can't help you and the pattern doesn't turn up, this pattern is just simple shells but looks really pretty:http://momsloveofcrochet.com/EasyTriangularShawl.html

I just found my book. It was right in front of my face all along only I didn't open that one to look. It's hooked throws by Margaret Hubert. It's the sherbet triangular wrap and it uses the same yarn that's on the cover of her scarf book. I passed it by because with a title like hooked throws I thought it was all afghans, that will teach me. Mary

Archived