how do you join

billynomates

Question

I can join trebles ect in a circle. But how do you join a circle in single crochet. I've been making the Bruno bear from Patchwork family, it's all done in single crochet and in circles, I put a stitch marker in my first stitch, and that's where I join from the last row, but a join is like half a stich, and it still goes wonky, please what am I doing wrong. I've been crocheting for over 30 years an I am stumped.

just read this and realized it may not be very clear. I start with the magic loop. but at each row it is joined, this is what I can't do neatly or straight.

7 answers to this question

So you are making a round disk shape, not a round tube shape, correct?

The thing with joining, the seam does show a bit (mine do, anyway).  I haven't tried this, but I found a tutorial for SC- let us know what you think of it!

http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/2009/1/tutorial-seamless-single-crochet-better.aspx

I looked up the pattern and read a review about Bruno The Bear. Pattern is available in a kit or another source where the pattern is sold by itself. Anyway, since this is amigurumi, I found a tutorial from Needle Noodles named Crocheted Jogless Stripes. Tute is free. I don't know how to link yet so hope you can find what you need there. Good luck!

Thank you so much. I have the pattern and the wool, and I've done everything but the legs, it's for my hubby, he won't notice the crooked join, but it's driving me nuts, I should know how to do this. was that a ytube tutorial??

found it thank you, unfortunately it only shows for single rows, Bruno is done in two row colour .

Of course that makes perfect sense. Thank you sooo much. It must be old age, I forgot all about this technique. I will redo the arms tomorrow. Thank you Thank you. It should work for the tube to.

So you are making a round disk shape, not a round tube shape, correct?

The thing with joining, the seam does show a bit (mine do, anyway).  I haven't tried this, but I found a tutorial for SC- let us know what you think of it!

http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/2009/1/tutorial-seamless-single-crochet-better.aspx

Ok I think I got this down pat, though still in the trying stage. If I follow the link that Granny square gave. but work into the back stitch on my first round of change colour, then I miss out on the untidy back of the work isn't showing on the front. will post pics.

Archived