It's Raining Yarn ~ Again!

Over the past 3 months I've given away approx a large trash bag of bulky and super bulky yarn, plus a shoe box filled with new latch hook yarn and some hooks. This emptied a couple of bins, so I figured I'd be able to put some of my current crochet projects in them.

Well, to my surprise, my girlfriend's sister sent yarn to me! She was cleaning out a closet and put aside a lot of stuff for me insead of just throwing it away. Now I can't turn this down, because most of it is worsted weight, which I prefer to use. Once I sorted it all, it came to 18 skeins of assorted colors in ww, 13 more skeins in ww Christmas yarn, and a couple baby skeins. Most of these are full or nearly full. I am thrilled!!!

On top of this, she sent 2 bed dolls that you crochet the dresses for ~ the old fashioned ones, not the Barbie ones! My youngest sister has been looking for these for years, so I'll give them to her. There's also some small 1/2 dolls that fit over room fresheners, and you make dresses for them also. I'll give them to my sister too.

And last, old hooks. OMG I love these! Old Susan Bates hooks that were made in the USA! I'm old enough to have already had some of these when you could buy them in the stores. They are in the old, pretty pastels, and she sent me 3 ~ E, F and H. Now I am in hook heaven too!

I am enjoying them already! I love the old hooks so much, I already used the F to make a necklace I wore for a May Day Celebration, and now it's already in a new project, a top I am making for myself.

I forgot to say in my first post there was also a full Caron Pound in peach with the other yarns. I adore peach so I'm putting this aside for a ME project.

It's interesting how things work out, because my girlfriend told her sister she didn't want her to give me this yarn because I already have a ton of yarn, which I do. Her sister insisted, so my friend brought it to me, but grudgingly. My friend asked me how I could possibly be happy to get more yarn, since I already have so much. I told her it's because it's not this yarn, indicating the yarn she was bringing me. This yarn might not be new right off the shelf, but it's new to me. It's fun to go throught it, see what weight the yarns are, and the colors, and think what I already have they will go with for projects. To my delight, I liked every color. I will eventually use every skein.

And the added delight of being able to surprise my sister with the dolls! She has looked for them for so long. They are still new in the packages, and have dress patterns included, which she has wanted to make for years.

And the hooks, what can I say? I would never turn them down.

It just seems that every time I rain yarn on someone, more yarn (and other goodies) are rained on me!

You can always tell your girlfriend that one can never be too rich, too thin or have too much yarn!!!!

Enjoy your new stash.

LI Roe

I just took the dolls to my sister on Mother's Day. When she pulled the taller blonde one out of the bag, she held it up and announced "Here's Dolly Parton!" OMG did she make me laugh and laugh!

Archived