Michaels putting in new yarn selections (again)

LI Roe

Hi all. Was just in a local Michaels and the yarn was all over the place, in different aisles, on end caps. There was a sign saying "watch for our new yarn department", words to that effect.

I thought they did that not too long ago. Will have to check the other Michaels by me during the week to see if they are changing it also. Anyone else notice it in their stores?

LI Roe

Michael's and similar chains do a major reset usually twice a year, with minor seasonals on a regular basis.  Yarn is usually a good seller during tough economic times, so that may be why they seem to be expanding.

Since they often employ special teams for the major resets to work wiht the regular employees, it is usually done on a sort of rolling basis

It will be interesting to see if they are going to try the private label stuff again or even add/remove some brands. 

Michael's and similar chains do a major reset usually twice a year, with minor seasonals on a regular basis.  Yarn is usually a good seller during tough economic times, so that may be why they seem to be expanding.

Since they often employ special teams for the major resets to work wiht the regular employees, it is usually done on a sort of rolling basis

It will be interesting to see if they are going to try the private label stuff again or even add/remove some brands. 

wow you sure know a lot of info, thanks for that, and that is normally the reason i just go to hobby lobby, as michaels and joannes just don't seem to have the variety like Hobby Lobby. Thanks for the info wheat!!!!!! :cheer

I don't typically go to Michael's because it's the farthest away of the three craft stores in my area (HL and JoAnn's being the other two). I'm currently on a self-imposed yarn buying freeze, but maybe I'll make a trip out there once it's time to restock!

I was at the second Michaels by me the other day (there are two within a four mile radius) and that one was just the same with no indication yet of new yarns. Will just keep an eye out whenever I am there since you never know what you will find.

What I like is when they start clearancing out yarn to make room for  new stuff. That is when I get into more trouble, LOL!!!

LI Roe

Archived