Tell Me It Will Be OK-please!

popeyesgirl

Question

I was almost finished with a simple lap-ghan...oh boy....i just need people to say 

it's ok, you can re do it ...PLEASE

I was just doing the dishes and I heard my normally sweet Chihuahua, for lack of words, thumping, through the house.

The next thing i know there is a little  ball of yarn by my feet.  She must have gotten into my yarn bin and she pulled out more than half my lap-ghan and the yarn is all over the house.  I do give her the small balls of yarn to play with.  She knows which are hers. I don't know what has gotten into her.  She never did this before. 

I'm just freaking out right now. 

IT'S OK? RIGHT?

6 answers to this question

it's ok, you can re do it, it's ok, you can re do it, it's ok, you can re do it, it's ok, you can re do it, it's ok, you can re do it

I would stop giving the dog yarn to play with.  Mine loves his blankies sooooooo much that he humps them to death and then nibbles on them when he's finished.  :shrug   All his blankies have love-bite holes in them.  That's why he has his blankies and he doesn't touch mine. 

My dog also knows her boundries, but at times she wants my attention will do the same thing.  She has her own rug she loves & plays with but if she is lacking attention from me will get into the lundry bin and chew underwear.  uck!  But it tells me she needs some Mom time!

Don't blame her or punish her...she is acting out just like any other child who wants attention....It WILL be ok!!  I hope the lapgan is salvagable!!

Hi All,

I just took out the rest of the Lap-ghan.  When I put the yarn in the closet to work on it later, my dog was going after the yarn basket again. 

I found her round Piggy-ball in there.  She was trying to get to it, but because she is so little she couldn't reach it.  She was just taking everything she should reach out of it. 

I don't punish my dog, if i raise my voice, she gets scared.  So i just tell her no.  She's a good girl, but like any spoiled brat, she wanted her toy, and there was no stopping her. 

Since we have her (she will be 8 in June) I did make her about 4 blankets.  (mostly pink & purple)

Thanks again all.

It will be ok!

It will be okay! I adopted a super sweet Boston Terrier in August 2012, and while he's not much of a chewer, he REALLY loves to shake skeins of yarn. He shakes them until they're messy, tangled, and wrapped around half the house. 

My other Boston Terrier (who we've had since she was 6 weeks old) is OBSESSED with my larger WIP's and it's pretty much a guarantee that she'll be on my lap if I'm working on any type of blanket or afghan.

it's ok, you can re do it, it's ok, you can re do it, it's ok, you can re do it, it's ok, you can re do it, it's ok, you can re do it

I would stop giving the dog yarn to play with.  Mine loves his blankies sooooooo much that he humps them to death and then nibbles on them when he's finished.  :shrug   All his blankies have love-bite holes in them.  That's why he has his blankies and he doesn't touch mine. 

LOL. Oh this made me laugh! We find our little chihuahua sometimes humping our blankets too... I have trouble making them crochet blankets they like, because in the early days I would make the stitches really loose and their little fingernails got caught in them.... now they look at crochet blankets like little chihuahua traps XD

Archived