Molly's Babies needs doll blankets, 4" squares, outfits, bibs, hats etc

kenfreck

Molly's Babies takes gently used dolls & teddy bears, cleans them up, fixes their hair, and then crochets outfits for them. Some dolls & teddy bears will also go with their own blankets, when available. Molly's Babies is a non-profit organization that needs help with doll blankets, hats, outfits, booties, bibs etc. and 4 inch squares (knit or crochet). 

Square colors are greens, blues, pinks, purples, reds, yellows, or a combination. pretty much any square will work...for boy's and girls. 

Doll blankets--large enough to cover a normal size doll

Doll size bibs, hats, booties, outfits or gowns.

You can get a good idea of the size of the dolls and learn how this all began on the website.  http://mollysbabies.org/  

One does not have to send a bunch of things.  Even one bib or hat or square will help immensely.  The mailing address is on the website or you can message me and I'll send it out to you.  They are located in Connecticut. 

also accepting gently used newborn clothing/outfits   every little bit helps get a baby doll ready for a new "mommy" or "daddy"

link below will take you to a pictures of a baby doll ready to be shipped to a new home   I would put the pic directly into the post, but can't figure out how to do it.

http://mollysbabies.org/wp-content/gallery/photo-album/img_0438.jpg

I saw this thread the other day and decided making a few doll blankets would be a good project for Lent. More time spent doing something for someone else and less time wasted on the internet. (crochetville, is of course, NOT a waste of time!!)

I had some extra baby yarn from another project and finished one blanket today and have started a second.

I grew up with lots of dolls (still have some from when I was 8 years old) so I understand the importance of dolls (and teddy bears) for kids.

Thank you Ratdog.  I know they will appreciate them.  Be sure to include your full name and mailing addy in the package.  They do send out tax receipts for your donations.   :)

I had enough baby yarn left to make four doll blankets.

I went to my stash and got some worsted weight and started a fifth blanket. It is a bit stiffer than the baby yarn but it is probably going to be good for a teddy bear (it is a royal blue so not a pastel baby color).

That is so awesome, Ratdog.  I know they will love them and some lucky boy or girl will get a new baby/stuffie to love with their very own blanket.  :)

• 1 month later...

I left a message on the blog as I can make some tags.  I am asking that they can send me an email address so that I can send them a picture of the tags I make.

Also, what is a good size blanket for a doll?

• 1 month later...

Archived