my first skein

superfurry

lol, new thread indeed :)

i am so so so proud of this. someone very kindly offered to send me a spare spindle they had, i got the parcel yesterday and she'd not only sent 2 spindles but 2 bags of fibre so i could get started straight away. i don't know what breed the white fluff was but it spun like a dream. i had such fun.

i can definitely feel the start of a major love affair :D

47966086_aabd748c67.jpg

very good job!! (I think) I am starting this weekend if I can figure this thing out! If it makes you feel any better, The lady I got my angora from yesterday sent some stff she had spun up (15 year veteran) and yours looks as good as hers!

That is so cool! Wow, I could definitely see myself falling in love too! I know nothing about spinning, partly on purpose since I have so many other projects going on! LOL.

Congrats!

I want to reach through the computer monitor and fondle that yarn of yours, superfurry. Looks gorgeous! Your photo and story make me think that spinning could be just as addictive as crochet.

thanks for kind comments all. marvie, i've heard people talk about fibre that spins itself and i swear this stuff just wanted to be yarn soooo bad :) i've got some brown stuff that's a lot shorter staple and that's turning out much fatter and lumpier.

whatchya gonna make with it

this one i'm gonna keep forever just as it is. besides there's only 20 yds. i think i'm going to start a sampler afghan but i'll have to ask more advice about that one once i have enough to do something with.

spinning could be just as addictive as crochet

i think it might be worse! i do love crochet, but spinning is like alchemy - turning fluff into yarn is magical :D

i think it might be worse! i do love crochet, but spinning is like alchemy - turning fluff into yarn is magical :D

I couldn't agree more! Hubby still laughs at me when I do it because I'm like a kid, it simply amazes me that I can take a ball of fluff, turn it into yarn and then turn that into fabric! I grin and giggle while I'm spinning and make him look constantly, just like a kid learning a new skill lol.

Archived