Stash exposed

mva5493

tmpinsnty - your yarn is great, but I love your corner chair - that looks so cozy! A pot of tea, a footstool, an audiobook and I would never, ever get up!

I've been pulling out yarn for projects, and a couple of my shelves are looking half empty - I'm almost going into withdrawal looking at it! I need to start moving the invisible part of the stash into it before I compulsively log onto Joann.com and spectacularly go down in flames over in the stashbusting CAL:lol

• 4 weeks later...
I need to show this thread to my boyfriend!! Then he won't think that me buying yarn every time I go in somewhere is so bad!! :rofl

I bought these square shelves from Target to store all mine in... they remind me of cubbies in kindergarten! I have it organized by color, but then there are several (eek) bags in the opposite corner of the room that are attached to projects so they couldn't really go in cubbies... Sorry the picture isn't really great quality... usually my phone does a much better job!

These pictures are just showing me I need to buy more yarn. Clearly!! :devil

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart oh and did I mention... :manyheart

All that organization! My stash is all over a room, a bed, the floor, in bags, loose...ugh!

I think this has kicked me into actually doing something about the mess. I'm taking a stand on Mon and organizing! The hubs will be so proud.

Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

ddc, I never have before, but I started dreaming of a big stash the minute I saw your picture... So nice and organised and so many colors! Having a stash like that would be like walking into a yarn shop and just being able to pull down whatever you like and start working! :D

My stash fills probably three 10-ish gallon totes, altogether; counting the stuff that is earmarked for specific projects (which is, really, most of the yarn!). We're currently trying to get our house ready to move, so I've been packing up a lot of yarn I know I won't be working with over, say, the next year. I have a few projects out, and then the packed stuff is sorted by either project or type *just in case* I need to jump in and dig anything out....

I'd like to let myself develop a huge stash like some of these - but we'd need a huge house, first! And probably bigger salaries. :embar No, I know me, and I'd get carried away. Maybe someday... :dreaming

Archived