63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got my tote for the swap finished so that means Im back to the 63 squares. I have to get this ball rolling.

I did get hung up on square #12. Mine just doesnt look right. I wonder what Im doing wrong. Ive frogged it 5 times now but it keeps coming out funky shaped.

Hi Nic --

I thought this was the same square someone else was just having trouble with and it was, so I'm going to be lazy and re-post the advice I gave them -- see if this helps any -

That danged square ranks right up there with the dreaded 17--- PREACHERCUSS .:devil

Boy, did I hate square # 11 . I got so sick of doing FPDC's and BPDC's ,row after row after row....... you'd do like 75 rows, and measure the square and it was only an inch long. ( at least that's what it seemed like ) .

The only thing I can think of that you may be doing , since it is getting skinnier each row, is that you might not be going around the last and /or first stitch of each row . The ch 1 doesn't really count as a stitch ( like when you make a ch 3, and it counts as your first dc ). You still have to make either your FP or BP AROUND the first stitch in your row .

Try that and see if that is the problem . If I remember right, that square did seem to turn out a little skinnier than some of the others, but once you edge it, it will help a little to make it lay flatter and spread out a little bit .

Hope this helps -- let me know !

I'm just checking in to say hi! :waving I've finished 59, 60, 61 and am edging 62! Just ONE MORE SQUARE to go! :woo I'm spending a little time this afternoon getting some squares posted on my photo album.Hope everyone is coming along with their squares. Would love to hear about everyone's progress! :)

lol! :lol Thanks, Julie! You and Celeste said how nice it was to do the border around the whole 'ghan that I can't wait to get started on that! :)

Sue, I can't believe you are so close! Can't wait to see pics!

I finished 9 squares this weekend, 1-8 and 10. #9 just refused to cooperate. I had extra free time at a convention at a methodist conference center in GA with no TV in the rooms. Kinda peaceful, kinda creepy. But lots of free time to crochet. Hope to get pics up soon.

Great job, Tandi! Keep up the good work! :tup I've finished ALL my squares and pics are uploaded to my album. :yay Now for the joining! I dislike whipstitching, it always seems to have less 'give' than the squares around it. Celeste and, I think Julie too, have either sc or sl st the squares together, is that right guys? I'll post a pic of the finished 'ghan as soon as I get it done! :)

way to go sue. I would like to be apart of it also but ..... and that is a big but . I am doing a poncho for my daughter for christmas and one for my grand daughter and trying to put together a layett for a nice couple who after 3 years of trying and 4 miscaragges are having thier first baby next month. I am so excited for them . I am trying to make the layett as pretty as can be . When I finish I will post a picture.

Thanks, Julie! :)

Norma, you're welcome to join in anytime! There are a bunch of people in this CAL at different stages of completion so you wouldn't be alone. :)

YOO HOO

Where'd everyone go today ? This place has been as dead as a doornail . Has anyone made any progress on your squares ? How about those 2 that were having trouble with number 11 ? Did you guys get it figured out yet ?

Don't let one stubborn square ruin the whole afghan !

:)

Hi all! I started joining squares last night. It may be slow going since I need to divide my time between this 'ghan and a Christmas 'ghan and other Christmas crafts that I need to make some progress on. You know what :ttalk is next week! Which means Christmas projects need to get done and in the mail ASAP!

Hope everyone is coming along with their squares! Stop in and say hi! :pilgrim

I had trouble with one sq. not sure which one so I made a substitution. Oh well!! I tried and tried and could no get it. I am making slow:( progress due to christmas stuff also. I should be able to have another row done by next week. I have 5 rows done and stitched. So when my sq are done all I will need to do is the boarder. YAHOOO!!!

Has anyone had trouble with their squares leaning to one side? :think Mine did this bad on #9 and 10. Any advice? When I stretch them out they look okay, I'm thinking I may block them and see if that works but I haven't had any experience with blocking before. Did anyone else block their squares?

Tandi

I didnt block any of mine either, although if you want to try it you can. Some of mine turned out a little whopper-jawed too, but one edged and sewn into place, they looked fine !

I was hoping you guys would say that!

Archived