I have a problem with picutre crochet

I know how to do filet crochet from a chart.

but there is a a heart pattern in one of the leisure arts books.

I cannot follow the graph of crocheting with yarn .

i have tried several times on the pattern and just can't seem to do it .

it is very pretty ; and would like to make it ; it has me stumped. :lolhugs

:hug back to you Red Rose and thanks I needed them

Curly Sue ;:clap

I am happy that you are ; maybe I just need to go over them another time

I really love that one pattern .

why is it that the ones we want gives us problems???:angry:lolhugs

I wish all charts were created equal, but they aren't. Not all filet crochet charts use the same methods either. Have you checked how the chart is written in terms of spaces and stitches? Maybe you are one or two stitches off in the pattern.

I've also noticed that crocheting filet crochet with thread comes out differently than with yarn. Have you tried to use a lighter weight yarn and smaller hook to see if it spaces out correctly? Maybe the weight of the yarn is causing it to tug and pull differently.

Actually, you can use any filet chart the way you prefer to do filet.

Thread and yarn have different tensions. A lot of the difference that you see can be sorted out by making swatches with several different sized hooks.

I find this interesting in that I have always found filet charts the easiest to figure out. Once you get teh basics of filet it seems rather straight forward.

I haven't done filet for ages - might be time to get back to it. :wlol

This is a afghan I want to make ; you know where you follow a chart and change the yarn to different colors.

I do love filet crochet.

I had a filet crochet square butter fly bed spread I made over 30 years ago with pink crocheted roses in each corner square.

anyways .

when we moved 2 almost 3 years now from the old city home to our new farm house we built on our small farm.

we were cleaning out and de - cluttering and I had my white crocheted bedspread on the hope chest ; mind you away from the other throw away things.

What did hubby do???

He threw my beautiful spread away .

it took me almost a year and half to make it and he threw it away !!!! :angry

He said he was sorry ; but it still hurts today that he didn't know trash from throw away .

he knows better to ask now before he throws.:lol hugs

blaming the torrential rain and over cast weather, I am not clear where you are having the problem.

Are you trying to follow a symbol chart or a graph that is using shapes like counted thread to show stitch placement.

Is this a flat, pretty much single stitch pattern like most filet, or it is shaped using different stitches as you would for making a doily, garment or other patterned crochet fabric?

Wheat

This is a pattern with a heart in a square.

I am going to try it later ; actually i don't think it is like filet .

it does have written instructions ; maybe i am just reading it wrong. :lol:hug

Archived