I'm wanting to make a crochet/knitting journal!

:cheer hello! I am wanting to make a knitting/crochet journal! As i seem to only remember the things that i have made, that have not turned out so well...:angry , so, i thought that if i made a journal of all my projects, and wrote in them while i was completing a project, i could look back and maybe kearn from those mistakes, and maybe keep records of new stitches etc!

Has anyone else done this? or.... am i a little strange!:eek I would love to hear if anybody else has done this and if they would share any journalling tips with me! That would be great!

thanks!:D

beth:yay :hook

I've not gone as far as you want to with your journal, but I do have a book where I write down what I'm making and a check mark beside what I finish. It has the month in which it was done, but not the actual day, and I don't write down any other comments along with the item. So does that count as journaling?? :think

I kind of do what mimi_mia does, sort of a to-do list of craft projects.

Ideally I would keep a swatch of the yarn used with the project along with a note of the hook size. Sometimes this happens, sometimes not. If it's a sewing project I sometimes make a tiny version of the real thing and tape it in there so I don't forget how I did it.

I'm not organized enough for an actual journal--are you wanting to use it as an organization tool or more of a scrapbook of your projects?

A project scrapbook would be really fun.

That's a great idea! I keep a blog, and I try to write about my WIPs, so that I'll remember what I did, but it's not detailed enough to help much in the future.

BTW, Welcome to the board! Fife is beautful!

I have a notebook where I keep size tables and work out the conversions for different size yarn, etc so that I don't have to do them all over again if I want to make the same project again in the future. I also keep track of gauge and what size hook I used in what yarn. Someday I hope it goes more to keeping track of my project details, but it hasn't happened yet.

Thank you all for your replies!:hug . I have been getting a little frustrated lately, as i keep starting, then unraveling projects! so i think making a project scrapbook would be a good way of stopping that frustration!:eek ( i'm hoping!)now, all i have got to do is find a pattern that has the wow factor!!!!:eek:D:cheer

Archived