i really dislike...

JNsweetheart

working with black yarn!!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this thread but seemed to fit the best.

I am working on a pillow right now. very simple just double crochet, because it is the only stitch I am very comfortable with and just trying out different projects. I am doing both side different colors. First side was a bright pink, and now im working on the black side, and am having such a hard time with it! But working my way through, one stitch at a time.

I also have a question, when i go to join the two sides.. how should i do that?

Thanks for listenting to the little rant, and for any thoughts!

Black, dark brown, and navy blue are the worst colors for working any amount. The absolute best way to work with any of them is to only work in natural daylight. It makes a tremendous difference in seeing what you are doing. Even though there are very good craft lights nowadays like the OttLites, there's no substitute for natural light.

For your pillow, I personally would sc around each piece to stabilize them, then I would join them together with sc.

working with black yarn!!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this thread but seemed to fit the best.

I am working on a pillow right now. very simple just double crochet, because it is the only stitch I am very comfortable with and just trying out different projects. I am doing both side different colors. First side was a bright pink, and now im working on the black side, and am having such a hard time with it! But working my way through, one stitch at a time.

I also have a question, when i go to join the two sides.. how should i do that?

Thanks for listenting to the little rant, and for any thoughts!

I'm not a fan of working with dark yarn, I have been really tempted to try the lighted crochet hooks just for when working with dark yarn.

When I am working with a dark yarn I have used a white towel (or anything you have that is white) laying on my lap or the table where I am holding my crochet work. You can also do the opposite if you are working with a very light colored yarn, such as a white. Just hold something dark behind your crochet work while you are working on it. I don't have trouble with seeing my stitches when I am using a light colored yarn as I do when I am crocheting with a dark color.

I just finished a join as you go afghan using navy as the last round (variegated for the other rounds) and I found that I see it better if I crochet during the day as opposed to the evenings even if I have the lights on. Not sure why, but it works for me. And the sad part is that I have the light up hooks but forget to use them. Duh!!!

LI Roe

Archived