Wrought Iron Crochet?

Ohhhhhh, those butterflies are soo cute!!!!! I want to try those!!!

Thanks!!!

I have lots of wrought iron stuff on my walls and furniture, I never thought of crochet wrought iron!! :lol

I didn't know wrought iron crochet even existed LOL. Oh the things I could put on my walls. LOL

I have an e book called Wrought Iron Crochet. It was put out by Lilly and the original price was 10 cents, :lol. This one was digitally restored by Purple Kitty in 2009. I love it. Most of the items are made with black thread (cotton). It is lovely and works up very nice. I never tried doing one of the patterns in worsted, I think it would be too soft (unless for a wall decor) the cotton crochet thread can be stiffened and stands up well to make bread baskets and standing items. I like the trivets as they can be used on the table and counters like placemats or coasters, as well as wall hangings.

Happyoldcro - If you use an F or G hook - it comes out really stiff and holds it's shape well.

Thanks, I will have to give it a try the next time I have some black to play with...:hook

I have an e book called Wrought Iron Crochet. It was put out by Lilly and the original price was 10 cents, :lol. This one was digitally restored by Purple Kitty in 2009. I love it. Most of the items are made with black thread (cotton). It is lovely and works up very nice. I never tried doing one of the patterns in worsted, I think it would be too soft (unless for a wall decor) the cotton crochet thread can be stiffened and stands up well to make bread baskets and standing items. I like the trivets as they can be used on the table and counters like placemats or coasters, as well as wall hangings.

I probably had the same leaflet. I believe there was a wrought place mat in it and I think it had grapes or something similar on it. I believe I used black speed crosheen or quick crosheen. I remember crocheting a couple of them so many years ago.

I probably had the same leaflet. I believe there was a wrought place mat in it and I think it had grapes or something similar on it. I believe I used black speed crosheen or quick crosheen. I remember crocheting a couple of them so many years ago.

Yes, that is the one...:hook. An openwork placemat with grapevine trailing across it... I do so want to make the stand up rooster, but haven't had the chance to do any shopping for the right thread, plus it does look labor and time intensive and my energy levels aren't high enough right now...:(. Maybe in the spring...

Archived