Red Heart...Urrrg!

teri

I am making an afghan and purchased about 8 skeins of Red heart Supersaver in Rosemary Sage. All the skeins say medium weight, 6 oz, 170 g on the packages but some of them are nice and thick and some are little skinny, ratty looking things. Didn't notice it until I started using them. Is this an ongoing problem with Red Heart? Should I switch to another brand in the future? Thanks!

That's true I found that some of the RH is worsted weight and then some feel more like sport weight...........I thought it was just my bad luck but they may have a quality control problem and they get mixed up more often than not :think

I also like Bernat, but I don't find they have as many nice colors.........I'm up for suggestions too :hook

I would contact Coats and Clark (Red Heart) and tell them. I purchased yarn from them that had a gazillion knotted together ends and I wrote and they replaced the yarn for free. I found Red Heart stinks, really. I prefer Caron One Pounders for big projects. The colors aren't as varied though. Occasionally I will still buy RH because I may like a new color, but then I always regret it.

I bought 24 skeins RH super saver in Camo for my brother's afghan. I've used over half, and they're all like that. I thought it was just the way the yarn comes. (I'm a little naive about some things:blush)

Archived