Magazine question

I think it depends on what you like to make and what kind of patterns you like to use. Interweave Crochet is the only one i buy every issue of because it has mainly womens garments and uses some stitch symbol diagrams and has good schematics.

Crochet today usually has good diagrams and has more fun items and quicker projects.

I dont like Crochet! Because they dont give good visual info. Crochet World has the same problem for me, plus it is mainly home dec i think.

Somebody who likes to make different things and doesnt care about the visuals would like the ones i dont like, so it is hard to make a recommendation for another person i think.

You can get an idea of the patterns from each magazines web site.

What do you like to make?

I make mostly toys and home items so I love Crochet Today and Crochet World. I even have a collection of older Crochet World for the holiday and toy patterns. I never find much in Crochet and Interweave Crochet because I rarely make clothes.

When I first started crocheting I used to visit the bookstores and craft stores and flip through the magazines to get a feel for what they offered in patterns. You can also look at the websites to get some idea of the types of patterns they offer.

are there any newsstands nearby where you can flip through a couple different mags? my local grocery store has a magazine aisle, and there's usually one or two different crochet mags, buried in the quilting, knitting, crafting, etc etc. and my Hobby Lobby is pretty good about having a couple of different crochet mags...If you have that advantage, you could flip through them, and see which ones you like better. Of course, most print mags have websites now too, as Kathy said. And I think she summed up the differences between the 4 biggest (only 4?) quite well.

HTH

I went to AC Moore today and there was only 1 Crochet Today! magazine so I got that. I mainly make home items and some sort of unisex clothing items, mainly scarves, hats, etc. I don't do alot of ami's. I'm glancing through this month's Crochet Today! and I see about 1/2 of the items are interesting to me, so I may go with this magazine.

Interweave Crochet is the only magazine I have that I've ever made something from. For me, that's the only subscription I get. As others have mentioned, that will vary based on your likes. What a great gift though!

Archived