We've been BOMBED in Crystal Lake IL!

Right here in the heartland of America! Can you believe it???

As we were sitting out on the patio of a local breakfast spot yesterday, I looked over and saw the bike rack was yarn bombed. I got all excited and had to begin a long explanation for my husband, who did not believe me until he received confirmation from a surf on his I phone.

Although it looks like it's mostly knit, I still feel excited to know our little town is on the cutting edge of a new trend.

So, CL Linda, was it you?:clap

post-25775-135897675392_thumb.jpg

NO, it wasn't me! But I do know that restaurant! I hope you had a nice time.

I can't believe our town has some radical "Yarn Bombers" in it! So funny. I wonder how long it will last on the bike rack.

And I am tempted to yarn bomb, down the street, by the yarn shop. But I just don't have time! Getting things ready for the McHenry County Fair!

:manyheart

And now I'm wondering if there's an ordinance against yarn bombing. Kind of like the ordinance of keeping chickens in your yard. Just curious.

NO, it wasn't me! But I do know that restaurant! I hope you had a nice time.

I can't believe our town has some radical "Yarn Bombers" in it! So funny. I wonder how long it will last on the bike rack.

And I am tempted to yarn bomb, down the street, by the yarn shop. But I just don't have time! Getting things ready for the McHenry County Fair!

And now I'm wondering if there's an ordinance against yarn bombing. Kind of like the ordinance of keeping chickens in your yard. Just curious.

I would suggest you check with the local authorities if you wanted to do this. Might save you some heartache, grief and money (for fines).

• 2 weeks later...

YEAH.....YARN BOMBING ! ! !

There is a group in Cincinnati that is called the Bombshells and they are knitters that Yarn Bomb....Just heard of them a couple weeks after official Yarn Bombing day. They were all over the news here and around the country.

As an AVID Crocheter (and kind of a NUT) the idea of Yarn Bombing grabbed me!

I brought it up at our Crochet Group that meets every Friday and a number of the Ladies are in.....We've picked out a name and now have a FACEBOOK PAGE.....

As far as the legality.....we are asking permission first! NONE OF US want to end up in jail or fined!!!!!

Here is some info about the group...PLEASE like the Page!

The Creative Crochet group now has a facebook page ! ! !

Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Crochet/247483265271587

We now have permission to Yarn Bomb The Cheviot Library and The Cone Zone.

I've talked to the City of Cheviot and we are awaiting news regarding permission to decorate the fence in front of Cheviot Elementary School!

For those of you interested in being a part of this

and

If you're not going to be at the Cincinnati Crochet Circle group Friday afternoon. . . . PLEASE email me !!!!

I don't know about you....but I'M ready for a CROCHET-CAPADE ! ! ! !

Karen (Chief Crazy Crocheter)

I've always wondered if yarn bombing was legal.. good to know that it does depend on where you live. I suppose it could be seen as defacing property, especially if the piece is sewn on, or littering. I personally like the idea of leaving little gifts with a note, because it is less invasive. :blush

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the National Night Out sponsored by the Crystal Lake Police, and that yarn bombing is still on the bike rack. It's kind of saggy now, probably because of all the rain. It looks kind of sad.

I just can't believe it's still up there.

Archived