I need to make a beaded fringe for this pattern!

sem464

Question

9 answers to this question

Sorry I can't help with the question, but I have one for you:

would it be too much trouble to post a picture of that shawl?

I looked at the pattern many times but since there is very little one can see on that picture I never attempted it.:)

Here it is! simpleshawl.jpg

I am not through with it, but won't take me long to finish. You will love the pattern, because it works up soooo quick!

Why would you put beads on the fringe? Alls it need is say a long fring at each post. Right now it looks like it could be elegent with just fringe added.

If you insist on beads, try to get a round faceted black or dark brown.:hook

Here it is! simpleshawl.jpg

I am not through with it, but won't take me long to finish. You will love the pattern, because it works up soooo quick!

I appreciate it! Thanks so much.:)

It will be great with a beaded fringe.

Why would you put beads on the fringe? Alls it need is say a long fring at each post. Right now it looks like it could be elegent with just fringe added.

If you insist on beads, try to get a round faceted black or dark brown.:hook

The beads are to weight it down a bit. I can't put very long fringe on it. I don't think my SIL would like that. I was thinking maybe a fairly short fringe at ea. post with just slight beading, but I don't want to use pony beads (tacky for this one). Any suggestions?

The beads are to weight it down a bit. I can't put very long fringe on it. I don't think my SIL would like that. I was thinking maybe a fairly short fringe at ea. post with just slight beading, but I don't want to use pony beads (tacky for this one). Any suggestions?

You can use this simple tip from Kristina, Shari.....:D

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12788&page=2&pp=10

Good luck!:hug

Here is a suggestion...never tried it myself...but couldn't you thread lots of beads on your yarn and join at one top side edge (does that make sense??) Then sc, (slip stitch one bead ) repeat however many times takes you to the next intersection, sc....then sc in that post, or opening..your choice, and repeat. This would give you a kind of scallop or loop of beads between each opening.

Ok, so I know what I am trying to say...and not doing a very good job.

Andrea, that sounds like a really good option also. If I can thread beads on my yarn, it has chunky spots, that is probably what I will do. Thanks again

Archived