Such awesome news!

So I lost my crochet hooks, right? I keep them in those soft cases they sell at Wal*Mart, and so I thought I had lost my whole set, plus my row counter and stitch markers. I was bummed out, but my fiance, who watches our account scrupulously, was fine with replacing all of them because he knows I use them all of the time.

So we go and replace them, and we get a new hook case, although I didn't get stitch markers and a row counter because I rarely use the stitch markers and I can keep track of rows, so I didn't want to waste the money if I didn't have to.

Anyway, when I went through all of my yarn, I found the blanket I was supposed to make for him that I haven't worked on since Christmas, and I found... DAH DAH DAH... my crochet hooks, stitch markers, and row counter. :clap:clap:clap

Now you have two sets of hooks. You can leave one in each project and still have hooks to use.

And stuff like this happens all the time around here. Loose hooks seem to get gobbled by couches and things like that.

:manyheart

We figure now I have an extra set in case anything like this happens again. Or, just in case I want to make something really small in the middle of a bigger project.

I'm most excited about my row counter, because it's handy to have that thing around. I don't have to necessarily keep track in my head now.

don't you just love it when you find your lost treasures.. as far as stitch markers I have oodles of them fancy , beautiful ..but my favs is old diaper pin and a few odd earrings with the french lever backs that I lost matches to... I prob would be more upset losing that old diaper pin then a set of hooks ..your fiance sounds like a Keeper and a Prince among hookers :) the best to both of you in your engagement/ and future Marriage

good for you!!! also, i think it is great to have at least 2 of your most used sizes so you can leave them with unfinished projects like Linda said. I am forever robbing the hooks and then not remembering the size I started with!!!!!!!! :think

Oh, I panicked big time. LOL. We replaced them after two days of tearing the house upside down because no one could remember when I'd last seen my pouch and I couldn't remember when I'd had it last. Of course, I'd been using an afghan hook that didn't go in the pouch because of someone's anniversary being in May, so I went to go back to regular old crochet and I was like "WHERE IS MY POUCH OF HOOKS?!"

So now I have two, and I actually have several piecemeal ones in a backpack in my room, just in case, but it unsettles me when I can't find things. Like my row counter, which is lost again. LOLOL.

Archived