Edgerydoo ???'s

I have looked at back posts and threads until I am blue in the face so will bring it up again(I am sure the seller won't mind;)) I know it would be fun to just order it all(eventually I probably will) but for now ....where to start? I see there is a starter kit but I am looking to start with flannel and have an idea for a 6 or 8 inch quilt. The way I hold my hook, when crocheting, makes me think I want something with the holes close together. Any tips, hints, or "what I started with" would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

looking forward to the answers you get as well. i would love to have an edgery doo to make charity baby blankets with but i like fleece better. i have no idea where to start or what you do. lol

Here's the template for flannel. http://www.edgerydoo.com/edgerydoo002F.html

Is this what you're looking for? The holes are closer, especially for flannel. I actually bought this one and a square and another one for fleece

Carol:hook

I was wondering if any one has try it on towels

I have the flannel kit. The template actually has holes closer together at one end and then along the side a little farther apart. I honestly don't see why you couldn't use this for fleece, but I haven't tried it with fleece. I've used it on cotton for bag linings because I like the bag lining to be secured with the same sport wt. yarn or whatever I make the bag with.

I would think that as long as the holes are appropriately spaced for the yarn that you're using it shouldn't be a problem.

But then again I free hand it with my Jimbo's hookawl.

I would think that as long as the holes are appropriately spaced for the yarn that you're using it shouldn't be a problem.

But then again I free hand it with my Jimbo's hookawl.

Rose Red I have looked for a awl and can not fine one at the craft stores does Jimbo sell them

I have the starter set for fleece and LOVE this product. I've made ten fleece blankets since January. I make some that are only a single layer, and I've also made double layer blankets. Be aware that you must also make a piercing board for using with the template and awl. (You'll be given these instructions, but the board is not part of the kit.) I bought my pink insulation board from a home improvement store that wouldn't cut the board to size for me. Please wear glasses if you cut an insulation board yourself. I ended up at urgent care, the day after cutting the board, due to a fleck of insulation getting into my eye. Oh the incredible pain! So be more sensible than I was, and then you'll be able to get to work on your project right away! Enjoy!

Archived