A metal Q hook?

I bought a plastic Q hook at hobby lobby, and I hate it. It pulls and seems rough. (its their store brand)

Does anyone make a metal one? Or can anyone recommend which plastic brand is smoothest? I want to make a neat 3 strand blanket but it seems a Q hook is vital to that dream.

I've never seen or heard of a Q hook in metal. You can find them in wood, though. I have a couple wooden ones. You could also try sanding the plastic with a very fine sandpaper, that might help with the roughness (can't hurt anything if you hate the hook anyway)... I've also heard that people lotion their hooks (but they were referring to metal hooks) to make them glide through yarn better... ?

Good luck!!! :)

I never seen them either on metal only plastic you could sand rough edges then use a soft cloth with pledge and wipe the needle with it. I find that sometimes it helps both plastic and metal hooks and needles to make it easier crocheting or knitting with yarn.

the only Q hook I have is plastic. I think it was a boye brand. If you want to try to sand it, I've found super-fine grit sandpaper at wmart in the automotive section by the touch-up paints. I think it was 2000. And if you hate the hook anyway, you won't lose much if it it gets wrecked, as someone else mentioned. And yes, a P (minimally) or Q hook would be best for a 3/4 strand ghan.

I know you can find wooden Q hooks. (I haven't purchased one, as I don't use it often enough to make it worth the $ :P) try ebay...or go to jimbo's blog...if he doesn't have one up for auction, you might be able to ask for a custom job?

HTH

I found a nice looking bamboo Q hook on etsy that i may buy. anyone know anything about Bamboo large hooks? Are they heavy?

I'm gonna try the sandpaper too. But where do i put the pledge? All over the hook or just at the hook end?

Bamboo hooks will be lighter than their wooden counterparts, but they are more difficult to smooth if they are initially rough.

If you get a nice, high quality bamboo hook that comes smooth they work really well! I have a set of bamboo tunisian hooks that I absolutely love. Smooth, light, and durable.

I found a nice looking bamboo Q hook on etsy that i may buy. anyone know anything about Bamboo large hooks? Are they heavy?

I'm gonna try the sandpaper too. But where do i put the pledge? All over the hook or just at the hook end?

I rub it all the hook and wipe it off just like you would on furniture you be amaze how much easier the yarn will work. You can do that on all hooks metal plastic or wood.

I used the buffer and fingernail stuff on my plastic hooks. Then I rubbed them down with wax paper.

I think a metal Q hook would be really heavy.

For 3 strands you could use a P. I really prefer 4 strands with my Q.

Archived