ABSOLUTE BEGINNER

SparkleyC

Hi All

As you can probably see from my message thread, I have no idea how to crochet....

Can anyone recommend some good "how to..." books at all please?

Much appreciated

:manyheart

C

Deb, thanks for the "plug." Actually, I'm writing articles right now for the "how to's" of regular crochet. I'm basically done with all of them, except I'm having some problems with the quality of the pictures (for the ones I'm about to post). So, half are up now, and I'm hoping to get the other half up tonight, when my fiance gets home and can look at'em.

OK, back to typing!

I like the book Crocheting School: A complete course and The Crochet Stitch Bible. I found several books that were for beginners at the local library and picked the one that suited my style of learning the best and purchased it from the book store.

Just my humble opinion

Elizabeth:)

Hi All

Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to go shopping over the weekend and started.

Hee hee am getting excited! (Or it could be the thought of a long bank holiday weekend...!)

:jumpyay

C

I am new and bought Crocheting for Dummies I generally hate these books but am finding this one actually very helpful and a great reference it also has some cool projects in it.

Had great time trying out new stitches over the weekend. Am still a bit confused about turning and counting, but figure that will come with practice.

Thanks for your advice everyone

:manyheart

C

I also like the Crocheting for Dummies. I also use the Crochet Stitch Bible a lot to learn new stitches. Another good book is How to Crochet by Pauline Turner.

if you are a visual learner (like me) i think you'll find this link helpful:

stitchguide

also, for learning other crochet basics, this is a good computer cdrom:

Crochet Made Easy - these can be found at michaels, joann, hobbylobby..... all of these stores in my local area carry it for around $8-10....

i used the knitting one to help me learn to knit and it was great!

good luck!

Archived