I need pattern in English

Emmy

Question

7 answers to this question

Hmm, I have a Japanese friend who might be willing to help translate that.

Curious thing about it is that at least some of the directions are crocheted (by the diagrams), but the close up picture at the end the beehive piece looks knitted to me.

Hmm, I have a Japanese friend who might be willing to help translate that.

Curious thing about it is that at least some of the directions are crocheted (by the diagrams), but the close up picture at the end the beehive piece looks knitted to me.

The reason it looks knitted is because there are two charts there, and one is for knitting and the other for crochet. The photo is of knitting. Honestly, Emmy, I wouldn't crochet this piece unless I could see a crocheted sample.

The crochet chart and drawing almost make me think they are asking for bullion stitch but I kind of don't believe that's it. It starts with a 4 chain run out of a magic loop and then the diagram... WAIT! I see! The beehive is knitted and it is the decorative flower which is crocheted in bullion stitch. The crochet diagram is for the flower and not for the "hat" (?). There are no crochet instructions for the hat at all. Now it makes sense.

I think the only crochet part is the little trim piece, which does look like bullion. However

following the little symbols should tell the tale. But the main part is obviously a knitted piece. I don't think doing the main part in crochet would have the same drape as doing it in knitting.

Jean Leinhauser

I think the only crochet part is the little trim piece, which does look like bullion. However

following the little symbols should tell the tale. But the main part is obviously a knitted piece. I don't think doing the main part in crochet would have the same drape as doing it in knitting.

Jean Leinhauser

Yes, it's bullions! Look at the diagram -- that's a bullion for sure. On the trim piece that is.

Jean Leinhauser

That's what I'm seeing, Jean. I use both knitting and crochet charts and there doesn't seem to be crochet instructions for anything except the bullion flower although the other chart clearly is for the ribbed knitting. And you're right: crochet won't do the same thing as that particular knitted hat.

It's a super cute hat but I would have to buy an in line hook to learn those bullions.

Carla, I'm not a lover of bullions. The look, yes; the making of them, no. I still have to pull each loop over individually, and that is a pain. So if I knitted this hat I would add

a different crochet flower.

I agree - it's a really cute hat.

Jean

Archived