Novel crochet ideas...

I'm adding a little once-in-a-while feature in my blog about crochet oddities that I've found in my research. I have one up now that is an accessory which (to me) might be used in making bullions or ??? Fascinating little device that I've never seen before, albeit the patent was granted quite awhile back.

Come on over (link below) and take a peek. Tell me what you think this device might be used for.

Jimbo

How creative is that!!!

Also interesting about the Clover hook, the new ones they have are shaped just like it and it threw me for a loop when I saw the sketch on your blog. Kept wondering why a new hook was on an old patent, :lol.

How creative is that!!!

Kept wondering why a new hook was on an old patent, :lol.

Hope it's ok, I posted your very well done analysis as a comment in my blog.

As to the Clover patent. It's not unusual to see a patent granted years before a product enters the market. Tooling, beta testing, etc really slows things down especially for large companies. The R & D folks are very often way ahead of the manufacturing and marketing folks.

What's interesting to me is that there is a VAST wealth of information in the patent offices on products that never hit the market. That indented dowel might be one of them. It's not on the market as far as I know.

Thanks for your well thought out comments, Happy

Jimbo

Hope it's ok, I posted your very well done analysis as a comment in my blog.

Thanks for your well thought out comments, Happy

Jimbo

You are so very welcome, I really enjoyed reading through it...

And I have always admired your work...:hook

Ah yes that RoseRed... like a "Timex"; takes a likking and keeps on ticking. And ticking well, mind you. And I think she's right as usual, along with Happy. So to test the idea, I'm in the process of making one with an extended handle and a short crochethooklike head. Should get someone to test it for me eh?

Archived