10, 20 or 30.

Buckleigh

I've always enjoyed # 10.. I can see it, sorta... I've made 1 doily in size 20.. altho I liked the way it came out, I had to use a magnify glass to crochet the entire doily, row by row... That took a while and ended the # 20 for me.. No way could I use size 30. GBU! :):)

I like them all! Size 10 is scaled as large as I would want to use for doilies, but I think it works well when you incorporate them into modern decor (in spite of my love for doilies, I don't do "country" or "victorian".) I love 30 for bookmarks and finer designs. I love size 20, but it's hard to find in colors, and I usually use colors. I'm looking for some right now, and it's driving me nuts that I can't get what I want, even through the internet.

In the past when I was actively tatting - I would use a size 80!!!:eek

It was finer than fine - but it had the best result.

But crochet cotton - I like most all the sizes and you can find the best assortment of them at Snowgoose.

That is where I have always ordered tatting threads from although she carries ALL weights and sizes - like a 10-80.

She keeps everything stocked for sizes and loads of colors.

http://www.snowgoose.cc/Category.aspx#819201

In the past when I was actively tatting - I would use a size 80!!!:eek

It was finer than fine - but it had the best result.

But crochet cotton - I like most all the sizes and you can find the best assortment of them at Snowgoose.

That is where I have always ordered tatting threads from although she carries ALL weights and sizes - like a 10-80.

She keeps everything stocked for sizes and loads of colors.

http://www.snowgoose.cc/Category.aspx#819201

:)I went to the Snowgoose site you gave. Wow! Lots of colors in size 10 thread... How can you tell how many yards are in the ball?.. Thanks for posting this place... GBU!:manyheart

Archived