What do you keep your projects in?

sopo

I keep my yarn in the big Sterilite containers on wire shelves in the back bedroom. There isn't a bed in that room, just a bunch of storage (all my craft stuff). I have one whole wall that is yarn.

I keep my hooks in a zippered pencil case, but it is getting more difficult to find the one I want since I have so many. I need to make me a better case that I can keep the same size hooks together. My mom has one that rolls up that she made. I just need to take the time to make me one.

The projects I am working on I keep in different sized cloth bags or duffel bags. I have a small canvas bag with handles that I love for hot pads and other small projects. The last big afghan I made, I used a fold up carrier that was sold to put in the back of your car to set your grocery bags in so they don't tip over. I found it at Target for a couple bucks and thought it might come in handy. It worked great to keep all the yarns standing up and in order. After all, that afghan had 27 different yarns. The afghan laid on top of them just fine, and the list of colors (so I wouldn't lose track of which one was next) tucked down the side just fine. I have several sizes of duffel bags, so as a project grows, I can transfer to a larger bag.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a small basket on the couch for left over yarn, patterns, things I'm working on or going to work on, but I keep all my hooks and whatever project I'm working on RIGHT NOW in a bag that goes almost everywhere with me. My stash yarn is in a small 4 shelf bookshelf with a door on the bottom two shelves in the living room.

• 10 months later...

Archived