Snowflakes and Ribbons Afghan CAL 2011 from Crochet World magazine

bigfunfam

I am planning on making the Snowflakes and Ribbons Afghan from the Dec issue of Crochet World magazine. I want to make one to give away for Christmas next year and I'm hoping to make one for me, lol.

Is anyone else interested in the pattern?

It would be fun to have others making it with me. I will be doing it slowly through the year, not working at it doggedly ;)

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=8111&cat_id=466&source=EPCCW

LOL! You would have to buy the issue pdf to get the pattern. But I think that you can see a pic of it by clicking on the see inside link. Let me go try it....

It gives a view of the index page for the issue. The pic on there is pretty small. Are you on Ravelry? There is a great pic there: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snowflakes--ribbons-throw

That issue is pretty good though. I made the carry along nativity for my daughter and I am planning on trying my hand at a doily from it.

hey Ladies....I have some white so am fiddling around with the beginning motif.

I just noticed in Round 2:

Rnd2: sl st in next ch-2sp, ch1, (sc,ch3,sc) in same ch-s sp, ch1, [(sc,ch2,sc) in next ch-2 sp, ch1] around, join in beg sc. Fasten Off.

should the second and consecutive sc,ch2,sc be (sc,ch3,sc)??

Ugh, I am so sorry. I was carrying around the magazine in my purse, and yesterday I took it out of my purse when I was cleaning it so my load would be lighter at the hospital. It looks like my toddler made off with it. I did a quick search on the Crochet World website and there isn't any corrections listed for it yet. I will find my magazine and look at it today when the children wake up. And perhaps that will be the project I tote with me to the hospital today.

hey Ladies....I have some white so am fiddling around with the beginning motif.

I just noticed in Round 2:

Rnd2: sl st in next ch-2sp, ch1, (sc,ch3,sc) in same ch-s sp, ch1, [(sc,ch2,sc) in next ch-2 sp, ch1] around, join in beg sc. Fasten Off.

should the second and consecutive sc,ch2,sc be (sc,ch3,sc)??

No, you just do it as written. I just worked that portion up and it's written that way to start the square shape it appears. I haven't finished the square yet though. I will work it up completely and let you know.

I've done 6 squares now, and it doesn't look square until row 4. The irregularity is to make it look snowflake-y.

For row 2 you do the first a ch 3 and the next a ch 2. Then you alternate that around so that there are 4 each.

For row 3 it's the same thing. but you start with a ch 2 in the ch 3 loop and then you ch 3 in the ch 2 loops around.

I hope I made that sort of clear. My mind is elsewhere today...

Here is how my afghan is turning out. I have two motif strips done and the two filler strips between them done. I am REALLY liking this pattern. So far it has been very intuitive for me and easy to memorize as I'm doing it. I'm now visualizing the same pattern but in different colors ;)

post-22492-13589761201_thumb.jpg

Oh, I decided to follow the pic in the layout of the squares, not the chart that they provided. The chart shows each row starting with light green, but I prefer to alternate the colors as they did in the sample afghan.

I completed another row on this yesterday. Only 4 more rows to go and then I get to do the border :)

I'm really loving how easy this is to do. Instead of sewing the squares together all of the pieces are crocheted together making it so much nicer! I think I'll even use what I am learning here to attach other afghans made with squares or strips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I have all the squares made and attached into strips. I'll start assembling them now. I would really like to finish it in the next week, so I am going to work on it until it's done now.

I finished it!!! Except I'll be weaving in ends during reading lessons this week :lol

I'm going to start another one but work it slower, in an assembly line fashion and I will WEAVE IN THE ENDS AS I GO ;)

post-22492-13589762225_thumb.jpg

Archived